A well kept school not only provides a healthy learning environment for students, but also contributes to staff satisfaction and the schools overall reputation.
With the students off the for the summer holidays it is a great time to focus on getting the school in great shape ready to start the new school year positively! It is the ideal opportunity to tackle the areas that get overlooked in the everyday cleaning routine.
So what are the best steps to cleaning the school over the summer:
Dust can gather in many overlooked areas of the school in particularly in windowsills, skirting boards, door frames and behind/underneath furniture. Dust particles are a health hazard when breathed in and can cause eye irritation, coughing, sneezing and even asthma attacks.
Tips for dusting:
- Dust before you vacuum as dust particles will fall to the floor.
- Start from the highest point and work your way downwards to avoid spreading dust particles on already dusted surfaces.
- Use a damp microfiber cloth to remove dust.
- Pay particular attention to electronic equipment such as computer screens, keyboards etc.
Over the school year dust, dirt and grime all leave a mark on flooring and carpets. It is amazing to see the transformation after scrubbing the floors. In order to clean them effectively without the disruption of students or staff needing to walk over them daily, the best time to tackle floor cleaning and maintenance is during the summer.
Floor scrubbing is not only essential to make them look the best but it can extend the life of the flooring also.
Deep Clean Bathrooms
Toilets should be kept to a high standard to ensure they are safe and hygienic for use. Students can be ill if poor hygiene standards are maintained. A deep clean of bathroom facilities is essential during the summer to ensure a high standard is being met.
Tips for bathroom cleaning:
- Dust light fixtures, vents and skirting boards.
- Sanitise door handles, hand dryers, bins, soap dispensers, and toilet roll holders.
- Wash mirrors with a microfiber cloth.
- Scrub sinks and toilets.
- Wash floors, walls and ceilings.
- Clean windows.
School cleaning can be difficult and time consuming. Connacht Cleaning highly recommend investing in a professional cleaning service for your school. Our professional cleaners are fully trained to provide the best cleaning service and we have a range of specialist equipment to ensure the highest quality service.
Whether you require a once off deep clean or regular daily or weekly cleaning Connacht Cleaning can help. Contact us for an assessment of your needs today!Contact Us